RESERVATION & RENEWALS
- Classification – Dewy Decimal Classification (DDC)
- Cataloguing – Anglo American Cataloguing Rules (AACR 2)
- Provision of OPAC Information management – KOHA OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
- Circulation Management – Bar coded - User cards & Books
- Reserved books are kept separately in the circulation counter for 2 days for each member. The Reservation lapses automatically after 2 days and the next person gets the chance.
- Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. Bring the book to be renewed to the Library and get the due date stamped.
Circulation Section - Issue, Return, and Renewal of Books and Issue of No Dues Certificate
Books Not for Circulation:
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to SIASC community only.
- Faculty and Staff can enroll as library members by filling the membership application form & submitting the same along with Softcopy of Photo to the circulation counter.
- Books can be borrowed only against the college ID card.
- They should personally borrow books at Circulation Counter.
- The Member should present his/her library card for borrowing books, failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
- Transfer of Books is not permissible
Reference Books, Serial Publications, Reserve Books, Thesis & Dissertations, CD/DVD, Loose issues & Bound volumes of periodicals.
The members can approach at Reference Desk for any query and help regarding the Library collections, catalogue, and availability of any document or any other facility provided by the Library.
DIGITAL LIBRARY & INTERNET ACCESS FACILITY
All members are entitled to access electronic resources through campus network; However, bulk copying, systematic downloading or use of such electronic materials for commercial purposes and other such usages which are in violation to IPR rules or other relevant rules and regulations of the college, is strictly prohibited. Strict action will be taken, if any breach of law is discovered.
The Central Library provides photocopy services through college store on payment basis.
NEWS PAPER CLIPPING SERVICES
Day to day collage activities, scientific information, job opportunities and other educational related news clippings were displayed in library notice board.